Thursday, July 30, 2009

Scary in a Good Way

Recently I found myself embarking on a journey into a new relationship. After a bad divorce and several failures at attempted relationships, this was some place I had no desire to be again, yet here I was. I have to admit, I was afraid and not just apprehensive I was down right scared. I'd convinced myself that it was obvious I was no good at the dating or relationship thing and perhaps I should pursue a life of getting to know me. (It was going really well until people noticed I was talking to...well, me and thought I was strange) Any way I go out on the first date with no expectations and was pleasantly surprised. The guy was intelligent, witty, sensitive and he had a knack for making me laugh. I was feeling him and wondered as a lady of this current century should I wait and see if he asks me out again or do I say something (did I mention I haven't been on a date in 13 years? So yeah I was pretty rusty.) I decided to be the initiator, I said, "So what next?" (Now of course I have second guessed myself at least 1500 times since I asked the question) Oh no he's going to think I'm desperate, he's going to think I'm pushy, he's going to think... 8 million other things. I was stressed out and what was only seconds seemed like hours. He finally answered and said How about Saturday? Saturday? It was Wednesday, and already he wanted to see me again on Saturday? I mean what's the rush fella? Did I say that? What I meant to say was sure, Saturday sounds great. So he hugs me (and it was a good hug not one of those scary icky kind that makes you want to take a shower, but the kind that makes you sigh and like a teenager you replay it over and over again in your mind. ) So now here I am going out on a second date and we've been talking and texting and IM'ing all week. He says maybe one day you can cook dinner for me. Me cook, does canned ravioli count as cooking? I've decided to have one of my good friends who is also a phenomenal cook and baker give me some classes. Not for him for me, I'd like to broaden my horizons and I figure if it will make me look exceptionally well on a date all the better. So I'm still scared about this dating thing but it's not the bad kind it's the scary in a good way and I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment