Friday, July 31, 2009

Dreams Re-Visited

How is it that you find yourself sitting on the floor with a man laughing so hard you can barely catch your breath? You take the time to think about the moment and realize you are in a place you were sure you would never be again, comfortable with a man. No sexual demands, no pressure to impress because this man is interested in knowing just you. I met a man who see's me, not the me I present in the hopes that I will be accepted but just plain old, goofy, sensitive, geeky at times beautiful in my own way, me. And I love it. Listening in the dark to his voice as he shares secrets and as I share mine I think how quickly it all came about or was it a slow gradual awakening that sort of snuck up on me without any warning. Every woman I have ever spoken to has always expressed a need and desire to be "seen" by a man. To have that one man see the real her and love it and not only love her but understand who she is and who she can become and how this becoming can affect him in a positive way. I dreamt the same thing they dreamed and wished that which they wished and now that it's here I'm...afraid. Afraid I'm dreaming and when I wake up I'll be alone again or he will realize that the real me is..not enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment