Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Praying or Preying

Since I've started the blog I find that I don't have to go far to find things to write about. Like for instance recently I found myself in a situation where someone asked for prayer and instead of going directly into prayer I started asking what was wrong, what happened and other things that had nothing to do with me praying and everything with me preying. Simply put I was just being nosy. Yes I was concerned for my friend but did I really need to know what the prayer was for? I mean come on, it's not like God didn't know what the situation was I just felt I had a right to know. I felt I had a right to know because I was offering MY prayers. Wow in written form it seems worse than it did in my head when I thought it! How selfish! Would I have honestly with held my prayers if I didn't get the "whole scoop"? One woman's scoop is another person's struggle and I was absolutely wrong in insisting on hearing the where and why's of it all in order to submit and pray for some one who reached out to me asking if I would go before the most High God on their behalf. In stead of counting it as the honor and privileged it was, I treated it as though it was my right.
Psalm 18:27
You save the humble but bring low those whose eyes are haughty.

Once the Lord opened my eyes to what I was doing boy did I ever feel humble and so hurt that I'd made the choice to meddle rather than minister. It is our job as servants of the most High God and joint-heirs with Christ to always be in a humble position of readiness so that we can be used by God to bless others. It is my sincere prayer that when others come to us that we will make every effort to go right into praying and not preying. In the end, not only will they be blessed but we will have allowed God to make us a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment