Monday, August 17, 2009

Am I speaking English?

I'm finding more and more myself in situations where, I am having to utilize the word no, a lot. I guess being known as having a soft heart is not such a bad thing, it only becomes a problem when people think it's an open door to try and take advantage. Hey girl can you handle this for me? Or hey do you think you can do this for me like right now, thanks your the greatest. Or what about the friends who you never hear from and only call when they require your assistance. "You know I've been thinking about you, I've just been so busy but any way I'm calling now, I need a favor. Are you serious? I mean come on people I'm saved, not a sucker! I don't mind helping out but if I find out the sole reason for our friendship is what I can do for you, then your friendship is no longer desired. Good grief! But what really burns my buttons is when I say no and people respond as though I never said anything at all. As if to say, "Surely that no does not apply to me!" Here's a news flash, from now on, no applies to you, your mama and anybody else in your family who is looking to suck me dry. I'm tired go bug somebody else!

No comments:

Post a Comment